2019 WTSA State Conference
"Celebrate Your Success"
March 28-30, 2019 – DoubleTree Seatac Hotel
Come demonstrate your technical & leadership skills, network with others, learn about career and training opportunities, and be part of the excitement.
Advisors will be able to enhance their skills and earn clock hours.
Registration & Cost
Registration will open on January 1, and close on February 20, 2019.
Cost: $285 per student, $375/$475 regular advisor cost (shared or single room)
Your registration fee is inclusive. It includes the conference/ competition fees, hotel room, meals, entertainment, and TSA polo shirt.
If you try to register, and receive a Financial Block message, contact Jennifer Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org to resolve the issue.
Students - nominate your chapter advisor for the Advisor of the Year award.
Register to purchase an Observer Pass for Friday, March 29, at the WTSA State Conference.
Conference Schedule At-a-Glance
Thurs. March 28th
- Opening Session 1:00 pm
- Room Keys Available 3:00 pm
- Event Check-In 3:00-6:00 pm
- Preliminary Testing 3:00-6:00 pm
- Dinner 5:00-7:00 pm
- Social Event 7:00-8:30 pm
- Alumni Event 8:30 pm
Fri. March 29th
- Competitive Events
- Advisor Updates/ Forums
- Special Interest Sessions
- Education Fair
- Evening Entertainment
Sat. March 30th
- Competitive Events
- Awards Ceremony
- Election Results
- Closing Ceremony
Competitive Event Signup
- Students must participate in a regional WTSA competition to qualify for the State Conference
- Participants may compete in a maximum of 6 competitive events
- Participants must register for each event in which they intend to compete by the registration deadline of Feb. 20th. YOU MAY NOT ADD EVENTS AFTER THIS DATE.
- Chapters are responsible for paying for all students, advisors, and chaperones who are registered as of Feb. 20th, regardless of whether they attend the conference or not.
- Any event with no registered participants on Feb. 20th will be cancelled.
- Events with fewer than 5 entries may be cancelled.
- WTSA requires that all team members be identified at the time of registration. NO CHANGES WILL BE ALLOWED AFTER Feb. 20th.
Registration counts are used to determine schedule, space, and judging needs.
Some events have early deadlines. Space and time are limited at the conference.
Entry Limits & Event List
Please view the Competitive Event List w/ Entry Limits to learn how many entries each chapter may have in each event and which events will be offered at the State Conference.
Please review the Competitive Events Guide in Total TSA for the complete rules for each event. Some rules may be modified at the State Conference (i.e. on-demand video will be 36 hours rather than 48 hours).
National TSA provides updates and clarifications to the competitive event rules on a regular basis. Please review them at www.tsaweb.org/Updates-and-Clarification
This year’s event themes can be found at www.tsaweb.org/Themes-and-Problems
Washington TSA Rule Changes/ Updates
To allow us to better facilitate the competitive events based on our available space and schedule, WTSA has made modifications to the competitive events. Additionally, WTSA reserves the right to have fewer semifinalists than the rules call for or make other changes that are required at the conference in order to facilitate the events.
These changes will be listed on the Washington TSA web site at:
Code of Conduct, Medical/Liability/Photo Release
A copy of this document must be submitted for every attendee.
State Conference Dress Code
Represent your school and Washington TSA with pride by following the dress code.
Housing & Parking Details
View information on conference housing and parking for both cars and buses.